Boise North Hill Town Homes 2 And 3 Bedroom Units Going FastWhere outdoor adventure and quality living intertwine. Nestled against thefoothills and moments from downtown Boise you have access to
10 Ways To Make Your Property More Attractive For Homebuyers
10 Ways to Make Your Property More Attractive for Homebuyersby RealEstate.com Guest Contributor on November 16, 2013With the property market struggling to pick itself up following the global recession, selling your own slice of real estate may be a challenge. How can you make your property stand out in a crowded market where buyers are thin on the ground? Here are 10 useful tips for making your property more sellable and getting yourself the price you deserve for your home.
1. Make a Good First ImpressionIncreasing your curb appeal is the first step to making your home attractive to the buyer and bagging a sale at the best possible price. Many homebuyers make up their minds about a property in the first few minutes of approaching the door, so make sure your home makes that all-important good first impression.Also, make sure you pay attention to your property’s exterior; if it looks tired and worn, give it a lick of paint to breathe a new life into your frontage. Also, ensure that the front yard is flawless with beautifully manicured lawns and well-kept foliage; you can even add some color with a floral hanging basket.
2. Make Your Buyers Feel WelcomeBuyers want to feel that they could live in your property, so make it feel like home with a few simple touches. Remember, buying a home is mostly an emotional decision, so it’s important to give buyers that warm and fuzzy feeling! Start with curb appeal by adding a welcome mat and repainting your front door to present a well-loved home.
3. Don’t Depersonalize CompletelyExtend the welcome feeling inside with a few home touches, but don’t go overboard! Too much personality in the form of personal possessions and family photos will put buyers off and make it harder for them to visualize living there.
4. Cut the ClutterThis is another aspect of creating a big welcome for prospective buyers. Make sure your property is clutter-free for all your viewings. Not only will it make your home look and feel bigger, it will also help buyers envisage how they would use the space.
5. Improve Lighting and Light FixturesThe bigger your home feels the more buyers it will appeal to, so ensure your home feels much more spacious by making it as bright as possible. Open all your curtains and let your home be flooded with natural light. You must also pay attention to the darker rooms that may not have access to as much natural light. Invest in some light fixtures and fittings, and place them strategically to illuminate even the gloomiest of places.
6. Decorate to SellBrightly painted walls are just the ticket when it comes to how not to make a home sellable. Give your interiors a fresh coat of paint in a neutral color to give it that blank canvas look buyers need. Neutral colours also make properties appear lighter and brighter, so take advantage of this inexpensive and easy option. Also, give tired interiors a new coat of paint; buyers love that freshly decorated feeling.
7. Clean Up Your ActIt’s amazing how many sellers don’t do a quick tidy up before a viewing. Don’t fall victim to this common mistake that may keep your home from selling. Make sure your home is spotless for every buyer; a bit of elbow grease works wonders and makes your home more appealing to buyers. Don’t forget to tidy your garden too: Cut bushes back, clear your patio, and give your outdoor furniture a good wipe.
8. Make Those Minor RepairsIf you’ve been living in a property for a while, it is all too easy to forget about those little jobs on your “must fix” list. Broken doorknobs, cracked tiles, holes in walls and damaged carpets may slip under your radar, but they’ll be some of the first things buyers notice when they look around your home. Make those minor and major repairs so that your home is a sound investment for potential buyers.
9. Maximize Your SpaceThe golden rule of selling is to make your space look and feel bigger and better than what your competitors have to offer. We’ve already mentioned that lighting your home, both naturally and artificially, can maximize your assets, but getting rid of bulky furniture can also be a great way of making the most of what you have. Large pieces of furniture make a space feel smaller, so put these items into storage and dress your home with more compact pieces.
10. Don’t Forget Your FloorsUpgrading or improving your flooring is an important investment every seller should make. Many buyers are deterred by the thought of spending money to improve a home, especially after saving for a huge down payment, so make important changes that buyers will appreciate. Performing home improvement projects yourself may increase the time it takes your home to sell and ultimately increase its value.Worn carpets and damaged vinyl floors need to be replaced, and wooden floors in particular should undergo some maintenance prior to viewing. Flooring improvements or replacements may come with a hefty price tag, but the prospect of selling your home for the best possible price will likely outweigh the cost.This guest post was written by LocalTraders, a company that specializes in garden and home improvement. In addition to providing helpful tips and advice, they connect homeowners with the tradespeople who can help make their property upgrades a reality.Tagged as: curb appeal, exterior, home improvement, light fixtures, property, sellable
Trivia about Mike: Prior to working in real estate, Mike worked for few years on movies and TV shows around the world as a Camera Boat Operator and Marine Logistics Coordinator, including the TV serie....
Latest Blog Posts
Welcome to this Immaculate, Bright and Open Home!! 102 W Indian Rocks St. MLS 98662493. This home has been meticulously maintained and sits on a spacious .24 acre lot!
PRICE REDUCED!! Beautiful home less than a block away from the Community Pool! 1571 N FireBrick Dr MLS 98663226. This home has been impeccably maintained, has lots of natural