COMING SOON!! Custom built home on a private 1 acre lot, 2588 Aspenwood Ct, Eagle IDCustom built home on a private 1 acre lot with lots of mature landscaping. Located in desirable Lexington
15 Minute Home Makeovers
1. Switch the plates. Upgrade your drab, plastic switch plates with snazzy covers that match or accent your décor. Even the most expensive brass switch plates cost less than $20 each.
Or, spend a buck for a plastic plate and decorate it yourself. Use craft paint, or cover the plate with decorative paper.You also can switch outlet covers, but don’t get too fancy. Outlet covers should blend with the wall.
2. Touch-up boo-boos. A bit of new paint gives any room a fresh face, which is why you should keep extra color-matched paint after you remodel. Touch up banged-up baseboards, door and window trim, and wall marks that won’t wash away. Even spot painting requires care; use a drop cloth to protect other surfaces.
3. Change out drawer and door hardware. Upgrade your kitchen or bathroom by installing new pulls and knobs. Be sure to measure drawer pulls so you won’t have to drill new holes. Check out these cute and economical ($4.95 for 8) zoo dresser drawer knobs on Esty. Home improvement centers have a large selection of inexpensive pulls and knobs.
4. Update your mailbox. Bump up curb appeal by spray-painting your old mailbox. You can freshen the same color, or go wild with bright hues. Don’t forget to scrub off dirt and rust before painting with rust-proof paint ($6-$12 for a 10-oz. can; lots of decorative textures and colors).
5. Play the numbers game. Decorative house numbers and plates give your home a custom and classy look. Some numbers are quick peel-and-stick affairs; others you’ll have to screw in. They’re made of wood, plastic, brass, stainless steel, and other materials; $6 to $30 each.
6. Embellish your throne. A new toilet seat gives you a regal bearing. Plastic and enameled seats ($12-$25) in a rainbow of colors add a dash of panache; a solid wood mahogany or walnut seat ($45-$60) makes an executive statement; cushioned seats ($15-$20) won’t make a lasting impression — and that’s a good thing.
7. Declutter. You’ll be amazed how a 15-minute daily declutter can make a room look like new. First, get rid of stuff from your fridge door: that large, blank canvas will immediately brighten your kitchen. Corral mail and papers in decorative boxes with tops that can close and hide the mess. Organize school supplies in caddies. Every day, tame a new spot.
By: Lisa Kaplan Gordon
Published: January 2, 2013
Visit HouseLogic.com for more articles like this. Reprinted from HouseLogic.com with permission of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®.
Gavin has lived in Boise for over 20 years. In 2003 he got his start in real estate as an investor and since then he has personally bought and sold over 100 houses. He got licensed in 2009 and is now....
Latest Blog Posts
This Stunning new home is located in Boise's desirable and Historic N. End! 2428 N 25th - MLS 98656642. Gorgeous NEW home in Boise's Historical N. End. Finally, you can have it
PENDING!!!! This listing is NOT on the MLS!! 3341 S Holden Ave. Great SE Boise location close to the Greenbelt and all the Downtown amenities. Nice ranch style home
FOR SALE - Fantastic North End Location 2203 W State St Boise IdahoThis is a fantastic North End location, Close to Downtown and the Greenbelt. Over 2700 square feet with a 3 car