Envision your dream home in an idealic Idaho setting while only 10 minutes from all the convenience of Downtown Boise! Nearly 3 acres of unobstructed city and mountain views from this
5 Mortgage Tips For Home Buyers
5 Mortgage Tips for Home Buyers
- Be prepared to document your finances. Buyers should be prepared for extra review by lenders when underwriting mortgages due to new mortgage regulations that took effect in January, particularly in proving borrowers’ ability to repay their loans. Borrowers should be prepared to show bank statements, tax returns, W-2s, investment accounts, and documentation of any other assets they own. Also, they should be prepared to explain any large deposits to their accounts—even a $500 check from a family member during the holidays. If they can’t prove where the money came from, it has the potential to delay closing.
- Lock in a rate soon. Mortgage rates are expected to rise in 2014 as the Federal Reserve winds down its $85 billion per month bond-buying stimulus program. A rate lock is usually good for 30, 45, or 60 days, although that time period can vary among lenders.
- Shop around. Buyers may have the upper hand in 2014. Lenders have lost a large amount of their refinance business this year as rising rates encourage fewer home owners to refinance. That means they are turning their attention to home buyers and may be more willing to compete for their business. Home buyers will want to shop around for more than just the best interest rate on the loan, looking at points and closing costs as well.
- Pay careful attention to credit. The best mortgage rates often go to borrowers with credit scores of 720 or higher, Bankrate reports. While those with a credit score of 680 can still likely qualify for a loan, they may end up paying higher rates or higher closing costs.
- Watch your spending. Make sure your buyers aren’t tempted to go outfit their new home with all new furniture—on credit—before closing on the home loan. Lenders will be carefully scrutinizing their debt obligations, such as credit cards and student loans. Borrowers are advised to keep their monthly debt obligations, including mortgage and property taxes, to below 43 percent of their income.
Debbi has over 18 years’ experience as a Real Estate Broker. She can provide top notch personalized service, whether you are a first time home buyer or looking for a luxury home or investment proper....
Latest Blog Posts
COMING SOON!Contemporary remodel with outstanding walkability!7957 Preece Dr – MLS # 98682211Boise ID 83704This contemporary remodel will take your breath away! You'd never guess this home was
Gorgeous Meridian home with bright open layout and custom accents3010 S Glacier Bay Way, MLS #98681842Come see this Gorgeous Meridian home with bright open layout and custom accents - The
Sky Mesa, Meridian Some homesites nestle to a hillside, so open windows to private back yards creates stunning interiors. A quick 10 minute drive to The Village shopping center,