2018 Boise Spring Parade of Homes is here! What: Local builders showoff the latest in design and new construction technology. Enjoy over a dozen gorgeous homes ready for your
Boise Fireworks And Family Events On July 4th
Fireworks in Boise Idaho
Celebrate July 4th with fireworks and family fun in Ann Morrison Park.
When: Friday, July 4, 10:15 p.m. (approximately)
The event will be free to the public and simulcast on Today's 6 with the fireworks synced to the music on 107.1 K-HITS!Your guide to 4th of July activities in Ann Morrison Park!
Click here for event information.
Click here for schedule of events and map!Print version of the guide available in the Idaho Statesman July 2.
Idaho Statesman Chalk Art FestivalWhere: Ann Morrison Park
When: Friday, July 4, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Calling all artists! Artists 12 and older, come share your artistic talent with chalk. Kids under 12, enjoy Chalk Land.Watch featured artists Karen Bubb, Melissa Chambers, Lauren Kistner, Danielle Mierzwa, Chi E Shenam Westin, Geoff Everts and Scott Pentzer.Click here for more information and to register for the Chalk Art Festival.
Schedule of Events
- Idaho Statesman Chalk Art Festival presented by Craft Warehouse
- 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Chalk Land for kids
- 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Kids' activities provided by Boise Parks and Recreation's Mobile Recreation Program
- noon - 1 p.m. - Dodge Ball
- 1 -2 p.m. - Capture the Flag
- 2 - 2:30 p.m. - Art Project
- 2:30 - 3 p.m. - Water Games
- 3 - 4 p.m. - Parachute Games
- 4 - 4:30 p.m. - Diffusion Tag
- 4:30 - 5 p.m. - Independence Ball
- 5 - 5:30 p.m. - Art Project
- 5:30 - 6:15 p.m. - Soccer
- 6:15 - 7 p.m. - Dodge Ball
- Live Music
Live music will begin at 3 p.m., at the Treasure Valley Ford Stores Entertainment Stage. Musical Entertainment arranged by Duck Club Presents:
- 3 p.m. - Aaron Mark Brown
- 4:20 p.m. - Lounge on Fire
- 6 p.m. - Virgil
- 7 p.m. - Modern Kin
- 8:30 p.m. - Radiation City
- Idaho Mining and Geological Society - teaching gold panning
- noon - 6.pm.
- Boise Fire-Safe House and BSU Fire Truck
- noon - 10:30 p.m.
- Food and alcohol vendors
- noon - 11 p.m.
- Bike Corral
- noon - 11:30 p.m.
- Children's Bike Decorating
- noon - 1:30 p.m.
- Children's Bike Parade
- 1:45 p.m.
- Decorating Contest Winners Announced - Best Decorated, Most Patriotic and Crowd Favorite
- 2:15 p.m.
- Idaho Statesman Chalk Art Festival awards, including Primary Health People's Choice Award
- 5:30 p.m.
- 10:15 p.m.
- Movie in the Park - "Born to be Wild" from Swank Motion Pictures
- 10:45 p.m.
- "MJ Walking" with MJ from the Idaho Steelheads
- Videos throughout the day
Park Closure/ParkingAnn Morrison Park will be closed the Fourth of July to vehicle traffic with a few exceptions.Limited vehicle access (short-term) will be allowed in the parking lot near the Royal Blvd entrance to pick up river floaters. The shuttle bus pick up for river floaters will have regular access to the park. Equipment rental at Barber Park will be open until 6 p.m. The last shuttle bus pick up will depart from Ann Morrison Park at 9 p.m.Parkings for disabled people is provided in Ann Morrison lots off of American Boulevard. Official disability license plate or placard required for access to these lots.Vehicles parked illegally or blocking access for emergency vehicles will be towed.Free public parking will be provided by Boise State University in the Towers surface lot and the Brady Garage (accessible from Brady Street). [map]Capital City Development Corporation is providing FREE parking from 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. on the 4th of July in downtown Boise at the following public garages:[ map ]
- Eastman: 848 W. Main St.
- Capitol Terrace: 770 W. Main St.
- City Centre: 312 S. 9th St.
- Grove Street: 234 S. 10th St.
- Boulevard: 245 S. Capitol Blvd.
- Myrtle Street: 789 W. Broad Street
Helpful TipsIf you plan to visit the park to view the fireworks, please come prepared and be mindful of the following:
- No fireworks or sparklers are allowed in the park.
- Please leave pets at home.
- Consider bringing the following items: water, sunscreen, bug spray, flashlight and a blanket or chair to sit on.
- No glass bottles are allowed in the park.
- Please use recycle receptacles in the park for cans, plastic bottles and plastic cups.
- Alcoholic beverages are illegal within 250 feet of the Boise River.
- Smoking is prohibited except in a designated area in the southwest corner of the park near the duck pond.
- The Disk Golf Course will be closed July 3 and 4 in Ann Morrison Park.
More Fourth of July Events
- Gem State Kiwanis Annual Fourth of July Pancake BreakfastWhere: Julia Davis Park; next to the Gene Harris Bandshell
When: 7 - 11 a.m. Friday, July 4
Price: $6 for adults, $5 seniors and children 13 and under, $25 family of 5 or more, free for current active duty.This is the Gem State Kiwanis' 51st anniversary hosting the event. For tickets, contact John Shaw at 208-331-1456. For other information, contact Dennis McManamon at 208-921-0762.
- 4th of July Liberty Day ParadeTheme: Pledging Again: Lives, Fortunes, and Sacred Honor
Where: Downtown Boise
When: 11 a.m. Friday, July 4
Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/fireworks/#storylink=cpy
Gavin has lived in Boise for over 20 years. In 2003 he got his start in real estate as an investor and since then he has personally bought and sold over 100 houses. He got licensed in 2009 and is now....
Latest Blog Posts
CPR Credit Repair Idaho - Shar Helton Chatting Credit Repair!Hey guys! Here we discuss another great and very important topic, Credit Repair. Shar Helton, Credit Expert with CPR- Credit
Great Meridian location close to everything!1387 White Sands, Meridian – MLS #9868864Great Meridian location close to shopping, schools, and the outdoors. This home has brand new carpet (w
Don’t Miss This Fully Remodeled North End Beauty!812 N 17th St, Boise - MLS #98686638Don’t miss this Gorgeous Remodel in one of Boise’s most desirable areas. FULL Home Remodel