Great single level home in a convenient Boise location3968 S Oak Brook Way MLS 98674860Great single level home in a convenient Boise location. Close to the Greenbelt, Bowne Crossing and all
Boise Real Estate Pro Tips
How Often Should I Change My Air Conditioner Air Filter?Throughout the next year or so we'll explore HOW things in the air conditioning and heating biz work and HOW to handle some common HVAC problems and situations, in a new HOW series of blog posts. Keeping your HVAC system running smoothly keeps you from having to rely on an air conditioning repair company to fix your system. I’ll start things off with one of those topics that’s so common, but you just might not really know much about it. Sometimes I'm asked what is the most important thing that homeowner's can do to protect their air conditioning and heating system between their regular PLUS Maintenance Tune-ups. It's a simple question with a simple answer; remember to change the heating and air conditioning air filter. Changing furnace and return air filters is crucial to the proper performance of your HVAC system, not to mention your home's air quality. Did you know indoor air pollution is one of the top five environmental health risks?* I know it's the last thing on your mind, but this is really important stuff. Changing the air filters is not all that hard for most homeowners, but there are usually two obstacles to actually getting it done:
- Knowing just how often to change your furnace or air conditioner filter.
- Remembering to change air filters when needed.
1. When To Change Your Air FiltersSimple, when they're dirty. Ok, now here's how to... Wait, not enough info? Ok, well... you can read the rest of this section for the details, or just skip over it if you're good to go.Ready to dive in? Good, I like that. How often to change your air filters can depend on several factors:
- the type of air filter you are using
- the overall air quality of your home
- pets, pets, pets..
- occupancy of the home, and
- the level of air pollution and construction around the home
- ...and did I mention pets? Oh yes, pets.
- Vacation home or single occupant w/o pets or allergies: 6-12 months
- "Average" suburban home w/o pets: every 90 days
- Add a dog or cat: every 60 days
- Add more than one pet or have allergies: 30-45 days.
Latest Blog Posts
Last Remaining Riverfront Lot in Eagle’s Most Desirable Subdivision1123 Sherington Eagle -MLS 98667459You don’t want to miss the opportunity to build your dream home on the last remaining
Completely Remodeled Classic Ranch on the Golf Course. 4959 Umatilla Ave, Boise 83709, MLS 98673494Fall in love with this totally remodeled classic ranch home located on the 1st