Great single level home in a convenient Boise location3968 S Oak Brook Way MLS 98674860Great single level home in a convenient Boise location. Close to the Greenbelt, Bowne Crossing and all
How To Make Mortgage Approval Easier
- Collect paperwork and documents. Buyers should have paycheck stubs, W-2 forms, tax returns, and bank and investment statements for the last two years.
- Check credit reports. Buyers should know their current credit score before applying for a loan. Credit reporting agencies are required to give one free report annually.
- Keep tabs on spending habits. For example, maxing out credit cards or falling behind on other loan payments will likely create issues when applying for a mortgage. Buyers should avoid going on a spending spree before and after applying for a loan to avoid any hang-ups.
- Explore options. ICBA encourages buyers to work with community bankers to figure out how much to borrow and which mortgage product is right for them. They should explore mortgage options, including rate adjustments, fees, and other loan features, to avoid surprises at closing.
- Know the rates. “Learn what current mortgage rates are,” ICBA notes. “Your community banker can help you understand how that translates into monthly mortgage payments.”
- Look for special programs. Buyers may want to check with their state, city, and county government agencies for special first-time home buyer loan or grant programs available to assist with down payments and closing costs.
Phil Mount is an agent at Front Street Brokers in Boise, Idaho. Phil became a licensed REALTOR in August 2009 after a 25 year career as a technology marketing professional. In his first year as an a....
Latest Blog Posts
Last Remaining Riverfront Lot in Eagle’s Most Desirable Subdivision1123 Sherington Eagle -MLS 98667459You don’t want to miss the opportunity to build your dream home on the last remaining
Completely Remodeled Classic Ranch on the Golf Course. 4959 Umatilla Ave, Boise 83709, MLS 98673494Fall in love with this totally remodeled classic ranch home located on the 1st